Study Abroad Scholarships
- The School of Languages, Cultures, and World Affairs and its departments offer the following options for scholarship money which is available to our majors and minors who study abroad.
Funding from the School of Languages, Cultures and World Affairs
The School of Languages, Cultures, and World Affairs has scholarship money available for our declared majors and minors who study abroad. In order to qualify for this scholarship funding, you must have a declared major or minor in a program in LCWA. See our webpage or the catalogue for a list of majors and minors in LCWA.
Currently, LCWA offers two types of scholarships.
- LCWA Study Abroad Grant (multiple recipients): The LCWA scholarship application is an online form and is located here. Fill it out on-line and submit it by the appropriate deadline. This application is to be filled out whether or not you are eligible for the OIE scholarships. Deadlines:
- For Spring Study Abroad: October 5
- For Summer Study Abroad: February 15
- For Fall Study Abroad: April 4
- Specialized Study Abroad Scholarships (single recipients)
- Sheffield Scholarship
This scholarship was created by Stephanie Sheffield and her family as part of her commitment to help the College of Charleston internationalize its curriculum. The scholarship is designed to promote travel abroad and the overseas study of business practices. The monetary value of this scholarship is dependent on available funds and will vary according to the current economic environment. Applications due March 30, 2017 for study abroad in Fall 2017 and Spring 2018. Applications are due to Dr. Morrison, Associate Dean, LCWA, on paper, in the LCWA Dean’s office. For more information on this scholarship's requirements, click here to download its full description. For the application document, click here.
- Wells Fargo Excellence Scholarship for Study Abroad
This $5,000 scholarship is for students who meet the following requirements: Participate in a study abroad summer program led by faculty in the School of Languages, Cultures, and World Affairs; Be a resident of the State of South Carolina; Demonstrate significant financial need; Have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0; Meet all of College of Charleston’s requirements for Study Abroad. Applications are due to Dr. Morrison, Associate Dean, LCWA, on paper, in the LCWA Dean’s office, by February 15.
Click Here for the application.
- Sheffield Scholarship
We will not consider your application if you do not fill it out completely, if you do not follow the directions, or if you are not a declared major or minor in an LCWA program.
Contact Dr. Morrison if you have any questions: email@example.com
Funding from the Department of French, Francophone and Italian Studies
The Department of French, Francophone and Italian Studies offers a number of scholarships for both French and Italian Studies. The value of each scholarship varies depending on the availability of funds for the given year. For more questions regarding the scholarship, please go to our web site by clicking at this link: Scholarships.
Funding from the Department of German and Russian Studies
The Department of German and Russian Studies offers a several scholarships for German study and travel. For more questions regarding the scholarship, please go to our web site by clicking at this link: Scholarships.