- More people (1.2 billion) speak Chinese than any other language in the world.
- China is a 4000 year old civilization, the longest continuing culture in the world.
- The Chinese economy is expanding at an extraordinary rate.
- The number of Chinese people online doubles every six months. There will be as many people in China with internet access as there are now in the USA in a few short years.
- The Chinese are the second largest group of immigrants in the USA.
- Learning the Chinese language makes this ancient culture, religion, philosophy, and music accessible today.
- Chinese Language Courses (including CHNS 101, 102, 201, 202, 313, 314)
- We offer a Chinese Language Proficiency test once a year, (HSK and HSKK), for more information visit HSK test
- Scholarships are available to study abroad at the Confucius Institute, apply today!
- Department of Asian Studies
- Blog: Asian Studies
- Chinese Club Facebook page
This club is revolved around diversity, an appreciation for different aspects in culture, and the immense deliciousness of Chinese food. All are welcomed! You don't have to know how to speak Mandarin, or have any knowledge of the Chinese culture. In fact, that's what our club is for, to become aware of the Chinese culture and to learn! 我们欢迎你们! (We welcome you)! Visit the Chinese Club on Facebook, as well!
Need further information?
Chinese characters and culture
Chinese Language and Linguistics
The Department of East Asian Languages and Literatures at The Ohio State University
Office: 9 Glebe Street, Room 102
Office: J.C. Long 327