CofC Logo

Application for Spanish-speaking residents

Who Can Apply?

Spanish majors and minors that have completed Spanish 202.

What is Required of the Residents?

Residents must agree to use Spanish as the primary language of the house and to host 2-3 cultural event per semester. The events may be in collaboration with the Spanish Club.

How to Apply:

If you would like to live in the Spanish House, you will need to:

1) Complete the application form and email your application to Prof. Mary Ann Blitt at along with a copy of an unofficial transcript or degreeworks.

2) Have a current or past Spanish teacher (who is familiar with your work) complete the Recommendation Form and email it to

3) Meet with Prof. Blitt for an interview.

Students will be placed in the Franco-Hispano House according to application strength. Upon acceptance, students will be directed to Campus Housing to fill out a housing application.

If you have additional questions, please contact Prof. Mary Ann Blitt, Department of Hispanic Studies, Bell 200G, 81 St. Phillip Street, phone 843.953.0248.